CAIRE and the Meningitis Foundation of Canada hosted a Research Round Table on April 3rd, 2014. The webcast was recorded which provides an opportunity for individuals from all over Canada to watch and participate. Speakers presented on the global lessons learned from Meningococcal C vaccine programs and factors for decision-makers to consider for the implementation of Meningococcal B vaccine programs, the epidemiology, safety surveillance capacity, vaccine acceptance issues and economic modelling related to Meningococcal disease in Canada. Speakers and participants identified research priorities prior, during and after the presentations. Analysis and presentation of the results of these ranked research priorities have yet to be distributed and/or published.
Watch portions of the webcast that interest you:
- Opening Remarks – Chair: Joanne Langley
- Global Picture of Meningococcal Disease Prevention – Dr. Andrew Pollard
- Epidemiology – Dr. Julie Bettinger
- Acceptability – Dr. Eve Dube
- Economics – Dr. Philippe De Wals